Sterling Pumps are an Australian based pump and motor manufacturer based in Pakenham, just outside Melbourne. As a complete solution provider, we offer a catalogue of standard products for common uses and the capability to design and manufacture pumps, motor and fluid systems to specific individual requirements.
We provide vertical turbine and horizontal split case pumps, submersible pumps and motor design, multistage, open drain dewatering pumps, including certified firefighting systems which have been used around Australia and internationally in civil, industrial and emergency operations by some of the largest oil and gas operations in the world.
Sterling is a member of the of the global WPIL International group, which is comprised of Aturia Group (Italy) Rutschi Pompes (France), Rutschi Fluid (Switzerland), WPIL India Ltd, Mathers Ltd (United Kingdom), APE Pumps (South Africa) and Sterling Pumps. The purpose of this global group is to share designs, patents and information with the aim of continuing as world leaders in design and manufacturing throughout our many industries and products.
Manufacturing Custom and Standard Products:
- Vertical turbine pumps
- Horizontal split case products
- API 610 models for petrol, oil and gas (11th Edition)
- ESP seawater lift, closed and open drain systems
- VS1 seawater lift and fire pump service
- VS6 for closed drain applications
- Submersible motor models (0.5kw to 600kw)
- Vertical and horizontal dewatering systems
- Multistage pumps
Completely Customised Pump, Motor and Fluid System Solutions
Alongside our standard product line is our ability to design, manufacture, test and implement completely custom pumps, motors and fluid system solutions. We have provided complete custom solutions to agricultural, firefighting, civil, mining, gas and oil, maritime and industrial operations around the world. Our custom solutions use only the highest quality parts from Australia, Europe and the United Kingdom.
Design, Manufacturing and Testing Capabilities
Sterling has the capabilities, personnel and collective experience to handle almost any vertical or horizontal product need. From product design and manufacture, to testing, servicing and repair, we can perform all tasks in-house without the need for third party staff or equipment. Our ability to engineer discontinued and competitor parts due to our in-house manufacturing capabilities and staff experience has been a trait that sets us apart from our competitors. Quality designs, workmanship and after sales service of Sterling has resulted in many repeat customers and very strong relationships of mutual trust to be forged with leaders in a variety of industries.
- Tig welding
- Mig welding
- Pulse Mig welding
- Robot welding
- VMC CNC
- Horizontal Machining centre CNC
- Horizontal CNC lathes (2)
- 15-meter deep vertical pump test well
- 10-tonne overhead crane through factory and test facility
Sterling Product Certifications and Standards
- BSI- ISO 9001 Quality Management Certificate 2017
- NFPA 20 – Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection
- API 610 (11th Ed.) – Pump Reliability Standard