Sterling is a manufacturer of standard and custom-designed pumps based on the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia. Sterling provides a world-class product for a variety of heavy industry, mining, irrigation, fire and process industries with submersible, sea water-lift and aboveground models for a variety of applications and flow rates.
Sterling is a member of the of the global WPIL International group, which is comprised of Aturia Group (Italy) Rutschi Pompes (France), Rutschi Fluid (Switzerland), WPIL India Ltd, Mathers Ltd (United Kingdom), APE Pumps (South Africa) and Sterling Pumps. The purpose of this global group is to share designs, patents and information with the aim of continuing as world leaders in design and manufacturing throughout our many industries and products.
The speciality of Sterling Pumps lies in its ability to provide custom solutions for vertical, case, turbine and submersible pumps. Sterling has provided products and services to leading gas, oil, and mining operations throughout the world – maintaining these relationships through the dedicated after-sales service and an enduring ability to provide effective and dependable custom solutions.
Sterling manufactures custom and standard:
- API pumps for oil and gas
- ESP seawater lift, closed and open drain pumps
- VS1 seawater lift and fire pump service
- VS6 for closed drain applications
- Submersible motor models (0.5kw to 600kw, 415v to 11kv)
- Vertical and horizontal dewatering pumps for industrial applications
- Multistage pumps
Current Product Certifications and Standards
- BSI- ISO 9001 Quality Management Certificate 2017
- NFPA 20 – Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection
- API 610 (11th Ed.) – Pump Reliability Standard